Hi,

The URL

    http://www.davideous.com/dbfilelock/DB_File-Lock-0.04.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/D/DH/DHARRIS/DB_File-Lock-0.04.tar.gz
  size: 6488 bytes
   md5: a948d5213826eef0b335617531330387

This module was originally developed to provide proper locking for DB_File for
use with mod_perl. For more info about DB_File locking see:

   http://perl.apache.org/guide/dbm.html#Flawed_Locking_Methods_Which_Mus

>From the Changes file:

0.04 Fri Aug 11 09:08:48 EDT 2000
    - Three good fixes from Robert Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
      (Thanks to him for submitting a patch!) In his own words:
      (1) The first one is nothing big: test 16 fails with BerkeleyDB
          v1.85 on solaris 5.6.  This seems to be due to the fact that
          we're creating a database (and therefore writing to it),
          but it's only read-locked.
      (2) The second is that TIEHASH assumes that SUPER::TIEHASH
          will succeed.  If it doesn't, the lockfile gets left open,
          and DESTROY is never called to close it.
      (3) I ran into one other issue: umask isn't restored if sysopen
          on the lockfile fails.  Fixed that too.

David Harris
President, DRH Internet Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]