Thanx Jenus-Uwe Mager for the patch. Now i have finally installed mod
perl....
It was hell....
Just a hint for others who are having troubles with mod perl and AIX.
I installed perl 5.6.0 with the patch, while running sh Configure
I included -L/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/blah/blah <-- *Important*
when being prompted for inculding any other libraries when compling...
during the configuration process.
your machine might have it somewhere else try to find it and use gcc...
My gcc version was 2.95. and in the blah blah directory was libgcc.a and the
rest of the goodies.....
I installed all modules (DBI, Socket, etc) as static while building perl.

Now once u get into mod_perl I used these commands
perl Makefile.PL \
APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache \
APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12/src \
USE_APACI=1 \
DO_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1 \
APACI_ARGS='--prefix=/usr/local/apache'

make; make test; make install

Everything went smooth and mod_perl was installed in:)
$> httpd -l
showed mod_perl.c

I finally figured out why all these problems were created because my gcc-lib
was installed in a weird location. Now this is just one case of AIX with
perl5.6.0, apache 1.3.12 but I hope my experience would help someone who
could have the same problem with mod_perl:)

Bye,
Taswar