Bill Moseley wrote:
> FWIW -- I'm using a modified version of Ken Williams' Apache::AuthCookie to
> handle session control via cookies or munged URLs.  I originally wanted to
> use his custom login script instead of the pop-up browser login, but I had
> clients that don't have cookies enabled.  So I added the URL munge into
> AuthCookie.
[...]
> If anyone is interested, please let me know.  (Ken, are these features
> worth adding to AuthCookie?)

Quite possibly.  I'm away from my home turf now, but I'll take a look
when I get home.  Of course, having a module called AuthCookie that
doesn't necessarily use cookies might be a tad strange. =)

> BTW -- Why can't I use
>
>     PerlTransHandler  Sample::AuthCookieHandler
>
> instead of
>
>     PerlTransHandler  Sample::AuthCookie
>
> Shouldn't handler() be found in @ISA?

Probably because mod_perl is invoking your handler as a function and not
a method.  Does it work if you change it to
Sample::AuthCookieHandler->handler, or fix the prototype of the handler
subroutine to ($$)?