Hello,

My understanding of perl is minimal, my understanding of mod_perl
non-existant but I have a (simple) question that I can't find anywhere
in the FAQ.  Hopefully someone can help?

I've just installed the apache web server (1.3.12) on our Tru64 Unix box.
One of the applications we run (via the web) suggests that you install
mod_perl to increase efficiency...so I did (version 1.24).

I noticed that during the install mod_perl creates a new version of httpd
(in the src/ directory).  How is this version different to the version
that apache creates?  Should I use the latter version in preference to
the apache version?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091