I would like to be able to read the internals of mod_perl (the module that
plugs into apache).  I would like to understand how it works with apache
and to do this I need c coding skills.  So, regardless of my reason for
wanting to learn c (though it does relate), does anybody have any
suggestions for a good book or set of books that one can learn c from
(rather than just a language reference).