Hi!

I have a program which is run under mod_perl as apache module.
The program generates dynamic content from files in a directory tree.

I'm wondering would it be possible to use .htaccess auhtorization for
this dynamic content?

for example:

directory/file1
directory/.htaccess
/magical_script.cgi

The magical_script.cgi gets called with parameter file=directory/file1.

I'd like to verify whether  the user has  access to directory/file1
directly or not. (could he get it if he typed the url
http://server/directory/file1 or not)

Basically I think that this could be done by changing the request uri
and calling all authorization related callbacks.  However I have no
idea how to do that. Even less with mod_perl.

Do you think that this would be possible?

--
  Osmo Paananen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>