I've seen some of the 'perl -V' outputs on this list over the years.  Most
people have usermymalloc=n but I've a seen a number of Solaris cases that
have usemymalloc=y

I have a system on Solaris 2.6 with usemymalloc=y and I have a very
infrequent bug that usually manifests iteslef as corrupted data at the
64th byte (it can also happen at the 32nd byte!).  It doesn't seem to
happen ever in single process mode but I have some data objects that
will consistently demonstrate this behavior with Apache forked (the bug
survives apache shutdowns/startups, so it's not just an errant child).
The other pieces of the puzzle: latest DBI, DBD::Oracle, Oracle 8.1.5

So, my question for this group:  why would I want usemymalloc=y on Solaris
2.6?  Besides having to rebuild a somewhat complex mod_perl compile, I'm
not looking forward to rebuilding all libraries with XS code so any
insight as to the ins and outs of compiling w/ and w/o usemymalloc would
be much appreciated!
thanks,
-Ian

--
Salon Internet                          http://www.salon.com/
  Manager, Software and Systems "Livin' La Vida Unix!"