Here's a solution that seems to be ok for Solaris 8, GCC 2.9.2 and Perl
5.6

* Recompile perl with -Dcc=gcc -Uuselargefiles -Ubincompat5005
* Recompile Apache with --enable-module=most --enable-share=max
* Recompile mod-perl with USE_APXS=1, EVERYTHING=1

My .02...

Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Apache 1.3.12 with mod_perl 1.24 on Solaris 2.8.
> In my most recent attempt, relying on several suggestions from the
> archive I have:
>
> (Using gcc 2.92.2 for all compiling.)
>
> Recompiled Perl 5.6.0
>
> sh Configure -Dcc=gcc -Uuselargefiles
>
> Recompiled Apache 1.3.12
>
>  ./configure \
> --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
> --enable-module=most \
> --enable-shared=max
>
> Attempted to recompile mod_perl:
>
> perl Makefile.PL \
> USE_APXS=1 \
> WITH_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
> EVERYTHING=1
> Will configure via APXS (apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs)
> ************* ERROR *************
>
>   Your current configuration will most likely trigger core dumps,
> suggestions:
>    *) Do not configure mod_perl as a DSO
>    *) Rebuild Perl without malloc pollution (Configure -Ubincompat5005)
>
> ************* ERROR *************
>
> Do I really need to recompile Perl yet again? Or can I have mod_perl
> build the httpd (assuming someone can point out how to make it configure
> Apache for DSO support for other modules)?
>
> I may be impressed once I get mod_perl working but so far it is a long
> way from the ease of installing the Apache webserver.
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Durusau
> Director of Research and Development
> Society of Biblical Literature
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
  *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***
begin:vcard
adr;dom:;;;Lawrenceville;NJ;08648;
adr:;;2083 Lawreceville Road;Lawrenceville;NJ;08648;
n:Stella;Ricardo
tel;fax:1-609-219-4994
tel;work:1-609-896-5000 x7436
x-mozilla-html:FALSE