At 11.28 -0400 10/2/2000, Ryan Adams wrote:

<SNIP>

>Thanks everyone for listening to me rant.  I'll keep you posted on what I
>come up with.  I'm toying
>with the idea of writing an CyberCash module for the Business::OnlinePayment
>interface.  Anyone have
>any idea where to start?
>
>RYAN

Actually, we wrote a module (we called it Business::Payment) which supported different
payment systems in a DBIish way.  (We wrote a Business::Payment::CyberCash, and a
Business::Payment::CyberSource.)  Unfortunately, we never considered CPANing the code,
because I think that because it uses knowledge (e.g., the published API) of these
payment systems, public release would violate the license agreements of their payment
libraries.  Furthermore, the systems were just different enough that we had to strip
down the use of functionality in order to write Business::Payment code that was
cross-platform (between the payment systems.)

I haven't looked at the licenses for these systems for awhile -- does anyone know if
they have changed significantly enough to allow for the release of a module such as
this?

Enjoy,
--
David Pisoni -- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     Cnation -- <http://www.cnation.com/>

"What is to give light must endure burning." - Viktor Frankl, author,
neurologist and psychiatrist, Holocaust survivor (1905-1997)