On Oct 09, [EMAIL PROTECTED] contorted a few electrons to say...
Joshua> $Request->QueryString->('foo')->Item() isn't valid perl syntax,
Joshua> is it?  Are you going for $Request->QueryString('foo')->Item()
Joshua> support here?

yes $Request->QueryString('foo')->Item() seems to be the way AP618
wants you to convert the WIN32::OLE object to a perl string as in:

        my $uid = $Request->QueryString('foo')->Item();

without the item it fails horribly in PerlScript.

Joshua>
Joshua> There is already a Collection class that is used to emulate
Joshua> this kind of behavior, which can possibly be extended to
Joshua> meet this need.  One of the behaviors that this interface
Joshua> supports is:
Joshua>
Joshua>   $Request->QueryString->Item('foo')

which wouldn't work unfortunately for winblows without

        $Request->QueryString->Item('foo')->Item()

Joshua>
Joshua> Do you really need the above interface?  If so, I'll need
Joshua> to create a config setting I imagine as there will be
Joshua> a significant performance impact do doing something
Joshua> like you suggest.

really? that's a bummer. the only other option is to
throw

        use Win32::OLE qw(in valof with OVERLOAD);

in the ASP pages when they are running under ActivePerl.
which kind of sucks too. (the above is found in the ActivePerl
docs for WIN32::OLE).

jr

Joel W. Reed                                                412-257-3881
--------------All the simple programs have been written.----------------

PGP signature