Hi again,

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Jerrad Pierce wrote:
> > Is anybody using GzipChain?
> IIRC, Josh said he was.

There are apparently some problems with IE claiming to support it and
then not supporting it.  Quote from Josh, edited to preserve anonimity:

The compression stuff is amazing, for 10% CPU, a 40K doc like [menu]
can be squeezed down to 5K.  I already shaved off 10% request time by
optimizing [module names] so that's a wash.  There was a problem at
[client name] with a couple users with proxy configured for IE, but
not really using one for some reason, and I never worked past that
issue, caught up in the rest.

> > Is there some known means of verifying that it is in fact working properly?

Have you some reason to suspect it isn't?  Send something to yourself?
Ask your users?

73,
Ged.