On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, I wrote:

>       So from within a function, I'm doing
>
>               my $r = Apache::Request->new( Apache->request() );
>               warn "request=", $r->as_string(), "\n";
>
>       and, when I to a POST request, I get:
>
> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
>
> HTTP/1.0 (null)

        I made a much smaller test case that works fine.  I've since
        discovered that the difference between the case that doesn't
        work and the case that does is the one that doesn't also
        includes and authentication handler in its <Location> section.

        From within my authentication handler, I also access query
        string parameters.  When I do this, the downstream content
        handler finds that $r->param() is empty.  If I have my
        authentication handler not touch $r->param(), then the
        downstream content handler properly gets the parameters.

        Why does accessing $r->param() from within an authentication
        (or, generally, and upstream handler) blow them away for
        downstream handlers?

        - Paul