Title: RE: a web interface to visualize tables

I saved this bit on WDBI.  I downloaded it but it didn't
support Oracle out of the box.  Adding that seemed pretty
straight forward (well documented anyway) but I was sidetracked
before completing it.  There is support for some other common
DB's.

Here's a bit from the original thread.

I am currently using "WDBI", Web Database Interface.  A set of perl
scripts that seem to work real nicely, at least for me.  It took me
about 3-days to figure it all out, but now have it tuned for just what
I need.   And you can definately control the mucking, and what tables
and/or fields that may be read only as well.  You can get it at:
http://www.wdbi.net - There is also a working sample available there
which is what sold me on it.

Good Luck!

Tim Harsch wrote:

> Thanks guys,
>         I guess what I'm looking for is a web based GUI that allows a user to login
> to the database, choose some table that the user has rights to and enter
> data in some spreadsheet like format.  I could go with TK but would prefer a
> cross-platform solution.

----
Steve Sapovits
Global Sports Interactive