> I'm trying to configure a single box to host completely separate instances
> of development and test versions of the same code base (currently 49
> modules).

> Right now I have 2 virtual hosts configured on the same IP and servername,
> but use different ports, i.e., 80 and 82.

The only way I know to achieve what you want is to run two httpds with different
configs.

This has the added advantage that your developers can stop/start their server
without impacting your testers.

HTH,

Simon.

   This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
   legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing
   or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by
   replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
   use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or reply on this email.