Ime Smits wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I upgraded to Apache 1.3.14, mod_perl 1.24_01, Apache::ASP 1.27, which
> seems to work just fine, except that for *each* mod_perl script being
> executed I get something like
>
> [Mon Nov 20 05:22:13 2000] [error] [client 192.168.31.31] need AuthName:
> /site/gpsmap.plp
>
> in my error.log, however, the page just shows in the browser like nothing is
> wrong.  Where's this AuthName coming from?

Apache::ASP calls the $r->*basic_auth* functions to set up ServerVariables.
It seems that recent versions of Apache require that AuthName be set to
something, like "AuthName globalauth" in a httpd config file, or they will
kick off this warning to the error log.

What I'll do is have Apache::ASP only set up the auth data in ServerVariables
if there is a new config set, to be determined.  For now, just set AuthName
to something.

--Joshua