> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > I have a huge project with lots of tables, and the performance wasn't that
> > well. So I've started to review the tables definitions and have found that
> > some indices were missing. I was sick from doing the tracing of all
> > possible SQL calls manually, so I wrote this simple profiler. Take a look
> > and tell me if you think it worths releasing on CPAN...
>
> Try DBIx::Profile.  I've had great success with it.

Ouch, I was checking the wrong namespace DBI:: and that's why I've missed
it. Why DBIx?

Looks like it does pretty much the same but returns too much info, which
makes it quite hard to use when you have 100+ queries in some requests :)
And fetch()es are quite irrelevant for performance improvements since they
never change unless you compare TCP/IP vs UNIX sockets or one driver
against the other. My aim was to have one to tune the code when I'm in a
given environment...

The only problem with DBIx::Profile is that you have to turn Apache::DBI
off, since DBIx::Profile overrides disconnect() as well.

I suppose if it's still desirable for my hack to go in, it should be at
least ProfSimple or ProfQuickDirty :) I also think that it should go into
DBI:: tree, since it doesn't use the framework of DBIx:: classes. Or is
there any reason for not using DBI::?

Thanks!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com