Hi,
        I'm trying to reduce the amount of data sent from server to
browser by using compression ---> hopefully accelerating the time to
serve a page.

        Does anyone know of a mod_perl module that compresses HTML and a
companion Javascript procedure that decompresses the data on the
client-side?

        I know there are Gzip modules that zip files on the way back to
the browser ... but I'm after something that zips on the server and
decompresses transparently in Javascript across all browsers. Ideally I
want to do: document.write(uncompressed-contents) in Javascript on the
client-side.

        Has anyone come up with something for this?

        Also for average-sized files, does the time taken to perform the
decompression/compression negate any speed increase gained by reduced file
size?

Nige

Nigel Hamilton