On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, brian moseley wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
> > > Transaction support for your business logic is easy in J2EE. It's not
> > > clear how you do this in Perl?
> >
> > Use an RDBMS.
>
> what about transactions that span data sources? yes, this
> does happen.

Someone else brought this up with me off the list.  Briefly, I said that
this doesn't usually happen with web sites for performance reasons and
that major RDBMS vendors offer things like two-phase commit.  But no,
there is no perl transaction service that I know of.  You'd have to look
at interfacing with a commercial TP monitor for that, and those are
more likely to have hooks already written for Java.

- Perrin