A linguistics discussion on the mod_perl list.
Larry would be proud. =o)

Je pense, donc je sui! lol!

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Is rebate in the sense of the word that the amount is reduced an
> American thing?
>
> Hmmm. I hadn't thought about it, but come to think of it, I think it
> is used more extensively in America. The sense it has here is more of
> a partial refund, as in "Buy this mouse and send in the
> manufacturer's coupon - you get a $10 rebate"
> Or as in tax rebate.
>
> I'm actually English, but I can't really think of it being used much
> in England. Or maybe I've just been here too long :)
>
> Tom

=====
"Seize the wildness of the moment, Feel the movement of the moon -- Swans fly with
wings wide open to the sky." -- B-52's
Real friends are those whom, when you inconvenience them, it bothers you more than
them. -- me. =o)
"There are trivial truths and there are great Truths. The opposite of a trival truth
is obviously false. The opposite of a great Truth is also true."  -- Neils Bohr