Both would be great. gnome.org has a large number of tutorials on all
aspects of gtk and gnome programming and so a newbie could get started
just by the stuff at the site. While mod_perl has some great resources
like the Eagle book and the guide, there is something to be said for
having on line resources all in one place.

bakki

--
      _ _
 .-. |M|S|              Bakki Kudva
 |D|_|a|y|              Navaco
 |o|m|n|s|<\            420 Pasadena Drive
 |c|e|a|t| \\           Erie, PA 16505-1037
 |u|n|g|e|  \\          http://www.navaco.com/
 | |T|e|m|   \>         ph: 814-833-2592
""""""""""""""""""      fax:603-947-5747
e-Docs