On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:
> I'm working on a modperl site that doesn't presently handle HEAD
> requests properly (it returns the entire content).

If all the information you need to generate a given page is in the URL,
you can also let mod_proxy cache it and handle the HEAD requests for you.
Even if these pages depend on cookies, you can use mod_rewrite in the
proxy server to put them into the URL before requesting the page from the
mod_perl server, creating a unique and cacheable (sp?) URL.

Of course you could also do this caching on the mod_perl server yourself
and let Apache handle these pages with core (i.e. as static), but that
sounds like more work.

- Perrin