On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Tom Brown wrote:

> > Yes, yes, yes it was a bad suggestion. Sorry about that.
> > I still didn't complete this section, looking for a clean solution to find
> > a way to close only the fd that keeps the socket busy.
> > So far you can use the closing fds in loop -- at least it works.
>
> yuck... you'd either have to find some way to extract that information
> directly from apache, or loop through all the file descriptors calling
> getsockname() and then close any descriptor connected to port 80/443/?
> (depends how your daemon is setup, if you've got multiple Listen
> statements you will have to close multiple sockets ... but normally it
> would just be one or two (port 0.0.0.0:80 and/or 0.0.0.0:443)

The Apache API ap_note_cleanups_for_socket(p, s); does that, I'm trying to
work this out with Apache::SubProcess. It works if you call system/exec,
but I'm still looking to make it working with code running within fork
without calling any variant of execve. I'll keep your posted, so far you
have at least one working solution, even not the nicest one.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/