> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexander Farber (EED) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:58 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: How do you run libapreq-0.31/eg/perl/file_upload.pl ?

[snip]

> 2) After putting
>
> PerlModule Apache::Request
> <Location /cgi-bin/file_upload.pl>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Apache::Request
> </Location>

that won't work - Apache::Request is not a PerlHandler.  remember that
Perl*Handlers default to calling handler(), which Apache::Request doesn't
have (which is exactly what your error_log says)

> into my httpd.conf, I get the following in my error_log:
>
> [Thu Jan  4 10:47:39 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.14 (Unix)
> mod_perl/1.24_01 configured
> -- resuming normal operations
> [Thu Jan  4 10:47:51 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine
> &Apache::Request::handler cal
> led.

[snip]
> 3) And the:
>
> PerlModule Apache::Request
> PerlModule Apache::Registry
> <Location /cgi-bin/file_upload.pl>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>     Options ExecCGI
>     PerlSendHeader On
> </Location>

well, almost...  either change that to a <Files> directive or remove the
filename from the <Location> directive, so that Apache::Request applies to
all scripts within cgi-bin...

see http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html for more details...

> Displays the web form, but nothing happens (same form
> displayed again), when I click the "Process File" button
> and nothing is shown in the error_log.
>
> Also I have sometimes to reload several times to see a change.
>
> Should I wrap the code in the file_upload.pl into a "package"?

no - keep it simple while you figure things out...

> Can't I use Apache::Request w/o Apache::Registry?

Apache::Request can be used without Apache::Registry, as long as you use it
properly.  They aren't the same type of module - compare man Apache::Request
and man Apache::Registry

> Am I loading
> the modules wrong way?
>
> I should of course read and re-read the complete guide and
> finish the Eagle book (I will),

yes :)

> but maybe someone can provide
> me a small kick-start? Thank you