Gunther> But I've also seen a lot of people use javascript to accomplish the
Gunther> same thing as a quick fix. Few browsers don't support javascript. Of
Gunther> the small amount that don't, the venn diagram merge of browsers that
Gunther> don't do javascript and users with an itchy trigger finger is very
Gunther> small. The advantage is that it's faster than mungling your own
Gunther> server-side code with extra logic to prevent double posting.

My browser "supports" Javascript, but has it turned off whenever I'm going
to an unknown web page.

Presuming that the CERT notices are being posted widely enough, there
are demonstratably *more* people with Javascript turned off today than
ever before.

That means you can use Javascript to enhance the experience, but I'll
come over and rip your throat out (if I knew your address) if you make
it required for basic services.

And don't forget the corporate firewalls that strip Javascript for
security reasons.  And the hundreds of new "net devices" showing up
that understand HTTP and XHTML, but nothing about Javascript.

Javascript.  Just say no(t required).