* Michael Bacarella ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [010111 10:32]:
> > Is this an odd time of year for many contractors where the contract ends
> > around the holiday season? Or is this starting to be a symptom of dotcoms
> > going bust and the development market starting to level out?
>
> I'm actually happily employed doing mod_perl (among things). I just
> wouldn't mind some extra income as well as an opportunity to meet
> new people.
>
> *shrug*
>
> --
> Michael Bacarella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Technical Staff / New York Connect.Net, Ltd
> Daytime Phone: (212) 581-2831

Yeah, who wouldn't mind some extra cash.  For instance:

My wife got mad at me for not wearing my wedding ring a few days in a row.
It has just slipped my mind, but she was a little hot over it.
"How do you expect women to know your married if you don't wear the ring?", she asked.
"Honey," I replied," I'll just open my wallet.  They'll see the moths making a winter
home
and know immediately that I'm married."

That didn't help matters much.  Imagine that.

--
J. J. Horner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Apache, Perl, mod_perl, Web security, Linux

PGP signature