Todd Finney wrote:

> I'm using Apache::Session::Postgres to track sessions via
> cookies.  When I access a page, the cookie is correctly
> sent by the server, and accepted by the client.  However,
> on the second request, I'm getting a 'Object does not exist
> in data store' error.
>
> It looks like the session is not being stored in the
> database, although I can't figure out why.  When running
> postmaster -d 2, I get the following output:

This problem has been reported several times.
find below the explanation of Francis J. Lacoste
from Sun, 17 Oct 1999.

Edmund

This is because the DBIStore insert the encoded session data as
binary data. PostgreSQL doesn't like that. You have to modify
Apache::Session::DBIStore (or better implement a PGStore)
to uuencode the session data. You can use for that MIME::Base64
or better yet

pack( "u*" ) and unpack ( "u*" ).

I have a Apache::Session::DBIUUStore that does just that
and that I use for similar reason. I also added a last_update
field to the table which tracks the last update to the session
data. Email me if you want it. (Available on perl licensing terms)

Hope this helps.

--
http://www.edmund-mergl.de
fon: +49 700 edemergl