After my earlier attempts to use mod perl I had little success, so I have a
little more time, so I thought I would try it again.  I have a couple of
questions. I have read through the documentation and some of it is unclear
sometimes until you really know what you are doing.
I understand about using strict and vars.
I know that the modperl script has to go in the httpd/perl folder  so that
apache will recognize it.
I also have modperl installed and setup correctly.  The test script runs fine.

However, I have about 20 virtual host that each all have their own cgi-bins.
If I move the scripts into the httpd/perl folder, if I just require them
from the virtual cgi-bins,  will they work and how do I pass variables to
these scripts.

These are just regular cgi scripts.  I just wanted to gain the effects of the embedded interpreter and start experimenting with the script.  I do have some scripts that would probably benefit from them anyway.

I'm just trying to figure out how it all ties together.

As an example, I have a script that runs via server side include.  When ever someone hits the web page with this include, the script runs, it keeps the referer, and also routes the user based on this referer.
I use the same script on about 40 sites and the imformation the script keeps is kept in a seperate folder for each relative to where the script iwas called from.
I call the script with a require statement and would like to try and get this thing working with modperl to reduce server load.
thanks in advance

--
John Michael