Apache::DBI will call push_handlers on to issue a rollback if AutoCommit=0
in your connect string...

but the problem may not be with you... looks like a bug (somewhere):

if(!$Rollback{$Idx} and $needCleanup and Apache->can('push_handlers'){
}

looks like calling Apache->can('push_handlers') is returning true even
though you didn't activate PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS.  I wonder if somehow can()
isn't correctly capturing the build-time arguments (something to look
into...)

at any rate, the quickest way to fix this is to rebuild mod_perl with
EVERYTHING=1 or PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1 (or don't set AutoCommit=0 in your
connect string if you can't rebuild it now...)

try these and see if they make a difference...

HTH

--Geoff