"Demetrios C. Christopher" wrote:

> Having been trained in the Microsoft Arts, I decided
> upgrading instead of troubleshooting the problem might
> be well worth it ... I upgraded to 2.09 and things are
> working fine now ... if things stop working again I'll
> be paying Joshua a visit! (just kidding, we love you JC).
>
> Still, if anyone can think of why all of the sudden
> adding SSL to the ASP/Sessions equation would make
> things get all screwed up I'd like to hear it.

This problem doesn't really make much sense to me.  The
SSL transport layer SHOULD be independent of the mod_perl
layer that Apache::ASP resides in.  I imagine that there
could have been something funny with the browser behavior,
but not to share sessions' data.

Also, I looked at the change log between 2.03 & 2.09, & didn't
see anything that would indicate a fix to this problem.  I know
there was a lot of work done on the Sessions implementation,
as well as random session-id generation, but I didn't know of
any bugs with what was there before in this regards.

-- Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA