The uploaded file

    ApacheBench-0.60.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/A/AD/ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.60.tar.gz
  size: 51190 bytes
   md5: e2325d7f89e32fecb6f76643ae38f7ed

No action is required on your part
Request entered by: ADIRAJ (Adi Fairbank)
Request entered on: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:03:29 GMT
Request completed:  Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:04:51 GMT

Significant new features since 0.52:
  - much better OO API
  - new memory level setting to store only certain information
    about each regression run (meant to reduce memory usage)
  - customizable Content-type: headers in http requests
    (need content type "text/xml" for soap and xml/rpc)

NAME
       HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench - Perl API for Apache
       benchmarking and regression testing.

SYNOPSIS
         use HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench;

         my $b = HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench->new;

         # global configuration
         $b->concurrency(5);
         $b->priority("run_priority");

         # add HTTP request sequences (aka: runs)
         my $run1 = HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench::Run->new
           ({ urls => ["http://localhost/one", "http://localhost/two"] });
         $b->add_run($run1);

         # send HTTP request sequences to server and time responses
         my $ro = $b->execute;

         # calculate hits/sec
         print (1000*$b->total_requests/$b->total_time)." req/sec\n";

GOALS
       This project is meant to be the foundation of a complete
       benchmarking and regression testing suite for an advanced,
       transaction-based mod_perl site.  We need to be able to
       stress our server to its limit while also having a way to
       verify the HTTP responses for correctness.  Since our site
       is transaction-based (as opposed to content-based), we
       needed to extend the single-URL ab model to a multiple-URL
       sequence model.

       ApacheBench is based on the Apache 1.3.12 ab code
       (src/support/ab.c).

see the pod for full documentation