Gene Dascher ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect on 03/15/2001:
> Is the ENV hash sanitized and repopulated between the time the Perl*Auth
> handlers are run and the requested cgi is executed?  I am setting an ENV key
> in one of my handlers that I'd like to use in a cgi that resides in a
> protected directory.  Is it possible to retain that variable throughout the
> entire process, or will it always get wiped out?
>
> Example:
> I use my browser to call a cgi that is in a protected directory.  In the
> PerlAuthenHandler, I set $ENV{'TEST_VAR'} = 1.  I can pull the value of
> $ENV{'TEST_VAR'} in the PerlAuthzHandler, but when I try and fetch the value
> in the cgi that I called, the key 'TEST_VAR' does not exist.

Try fiddling with $r->subprocess_env; I've had good results that way. e.g.:

    $r->subprocess_env('TEST_VAR', 1);

I haven't tried using %ENV, but I was under the impression it was
tied to the same internal Apache::Table object as
$r->subprocess_env, which means that setting $ENV{'TEST_VAR'}
should work as well.

Make sure you are setting this in the parent request, if you are
in a subrequest:

    $r = ($r->is_main) ? $r : $r->main;

(darren)
--
The world is coming to an end!  Repent and return those library books!