[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dave Rolsky) wrote:
>Oops, deleted the message but someone just asked if the session notes
>would be available via the web.
>
>I don't know of the official ApacheCon plan but I can say that mine (for
>my Intro to Mason presentation) will be available somewhere.

At most conferences the notes aren't available unless the speaker wants
them to be.  That seems to be because some people make a living off
giving talks like this to corporate clients, and can't afford to give
material like this away for free.  Or simply (especially in the case of
more grass-roots things like YAPC) that the speaker didn't have time to
put together snazzy notes that would be meaningful to off-site people.

It's also possible that the sponsor (O'Reilly) isn't thrilled about
making material easily available for people who weren't willing to pay
the registration fees.

Personally I have no idea whether notes for ApacheCon will be generally
available or not, but these are some of the possible reasons for not
doing so.

The benefits for putting them up are obvious. =)

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum