[ an extensive  description of sharing memory question snipped ]

Please read (or reread) these sections of the guide:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Sharing_Memory
http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Improving_Performance_by_Prevent
http://perl.apache.org/guide/strategy.html#Running_More_than_One_mod_perl_S

> I have one other question...entirly unrelated to the above problem...that
> is this.  As i mentioned before, we have the 1 script, test.pl, that
> requires test.pm into it and calls test::run() to access the loaded libs.
> Is it possible to bypass this directly, and have all accesses to a
> particular virtual host "test.blah.com" instead of routing to test.pl (as
> it does now) be handled by the pre-loaded test.pm module (directly call
> test::run())  ?

Take a look at Apache::Dispatch, or roll your own.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/