Stas Bekman wrote:

> > > Just use the second method in the guide.  ie, use lib '/path/to/lib'
> > > in a startup script.
> > >
> > I request that the guide be changed, since apparently the 'PerlSetEnv'
> > way hasn't worked properly for some time.  Never has for me, anyway.
>
> Do you have the taint mode turned on? I think at some point mod_perl
> ignores PERL5LIB settings then. Can you confirm that?

Ah, I just noticed something else.  If I *am* running a startup script
that 'use's modules that are in my PERL5LIB, I must do 'use lib', or the
script fails to load them.  So 'PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB' is  pretty much
useless (because not sufficient and redundant to 'use lib') in this
case.

That's probably normal and to-be-expected, but it would be nice if it
were actually documented.