"Bridges, Jon" wrote:

> I have figured out why the .asp files were being downloaded instead of
> executed. This was because I had not declared .asp in the mime.types file.
> I couldn't do the lwp-request as I am running Apache on Windows 2000, is
> this a Linux command?

In all my years (almost 3) working with Apache::ASP, I never had to
tweak the mime.types to make things work.  If this is really what
did it for you, that's great!

The lwp-request command is one that ships with perl, and you
will likely find it as lwp-request in the perl/bin directory
on your system.  You can run it like

  perl $perl_dir/bin/lwp-request ...

> Now all that happening is an error in the error log saying
> "No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process"

I personally have no idea about this, maybe someone else might?
If you think this is an Apache::ASP error, then set Debug to -2,
restart apache, and get me an error log bit for a request.

-- Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA