Reg this problem , Paul Kulchenko ( Soap::Lite wizard ) helped me with a
solution given below, back last Fall . I used it with immediate success ,
and I hope it is applicable:

****** SOLUTION ******
If using SOAP::Lite (or XML::Parser::Expat) in combination with
mod_perl
causes random segmentation faults in httpd processes try to configure
Apache with:

RULE_EXPAT=no

Sri Lakshmanan
Market Data Services