> My $0.02 on XML config files. Although they may be attractive to some,
> personally, I don't like them.
>
> I see XML is merely the expression of the configurable parameters of the
> object. IE it is just a means to the end. Personally, I would like to
define
> my widget properties through a GUI and then will probably use Storable to
> dehydrate and rehydrate my widget objects. I would never want to code up
XML
> data and I don't think I'm alone. :)
>
> Definately when it comes to interchanging your widget data with another
> system something like XML really starts to make sense. I don't think it
> makes sense necessarily for your internal day-to-day operations.
>
> What I would advocate is that there are a variety of sources for widget
> configuration data from something as simple and elegant as Perl code to
XML
> of some layout to Storable data stored in a blob field of a DBI source.

Actually, I personally think that you're both correct here - I think the
proper way to stash the widgets would be through Storable.  If you wish to
do it through XML, then that should call for an extension to Storable which
can store/retrieve data from XML.

  Issac

Internet is a wonderful mechanism for making a fool of
yourself in front of a very large audience.
  --Anonymous

Moving the mouse won't get you into trouble...  Clicking it might.
  --Anonymous

PGP Key 0xE0FA561B - Fingerprint:
7E18 C018 D623 A57B 7F37 D902 8C84 7675 E0FA 561B