On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Ender Josef wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I tried to install Apache::DB on NT 4.0, Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.20
> mod_perl/1.25_01-dev
> the following error occured:
>
> C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl56.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk
> full: cannot seek to 0x3afe435e
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc'
> Stop.
> (full listing at the end)
>
> I already applied the WIN32 patch (#ifndef WIN32   if (ApacheSIGINT)
> *ApacheSIGINT)(SIGINT); #endif)
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
[ ... ]

Hi,
   Assuming your disk isn't really full, this error can result by
from using a compiler that generates code incompatible with the
library it's trying to link against. Would you happen to have
VC++ 5, and are using ActivePerl build 6xx? There is an incompatibility
there, as ActiveState uses VC++ 6. If so, you could
- upgrade to VC++ 6
- compile Perl with VC++ 5
- install Apache-DB thru the ppm utility: within your ppm utility shell,
set the repository to
  http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer
and then "install Apache-DB".

best regards,