"Purcell, Scott" wrote:

> Hello,
> Well, this is the last time I am going to bring this up. I am on Apache NT,
> and I have the following .pm file that I believe I localized everything in
> order to create a socket. The code below does work.  But it never makes a
> new socket. As you can see I print out the IO::Socket::GLOB and it shows the
> same 'reference' 10xff036c each time through. I realize this is because I am
> not closing and undef the $sock. (see the commented close and undef towards
> the end). But this works. Except if I shut down the machine I am calling the
> socket on. Then it dies and never comes back unless I reboot apache. Not a
> good work position to get a web site into.

Set in httpd.conf ThreadsPerChild 1

This problem should go away.  Its a bug I ran into for the first time
a few years back, and seems to have to do with any network sockets
that you might open.

See
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
for my original post on this, showing our similar plights!

--Josh
NodeWorks <- Web Link Checking          Huntington Beach, CA  USA