Hello all,

I have an CGI based HTTP API (in Perl) to a database and I am now going
to port to mod_perl. I am new to this kind of programming and I have a
couple of questions. The platform is Linux.

My first thought is to break the API up so that there is a module per
API call (there are some 70 calls in the API). My reasoning is that I
can modify existing calls and add new ones without affecting everything
else. Does this make sense or is it better to have the API as one large
program as I have it now?

My second question pertains to Apache::DBI. I will ask it here but if
there is a better forum to ask it please let me know and I will ask it
there.  I want to use Apache::DBI in order to cache database
connections. If I understand everything that I have read so far (and
that might be a big if) the various modules should share the same
database connections while running on the same Apache server. Is this
correct? I.e. if the API functions 'foo' and 'bar' have both been loaded
into the same instance of Apache and both use Apache::DBI then they will
share the same database connection.

Thanks.

Shawn

--
This communication is intended to be received by the individual or
entity to whom or to which it is addressed and it contains information