On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:08:43AM +0100, Alan Burlison wrote:
> Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:
>
> > Did you make install modperl yet?
>
> Yes, via APXS.  mod_perl is installed and works just fine.  I can see the
> missing mod_perl.h file in the modperl build directory, but it doesn't
> appear anywhere under site_perl - should mod_perl copy it somewhere during
> 'make install'?  I'm using a slightly non-standard perl layout, so instead
> of being under /usr/local perl lives under /usr/perl5.  From looking at
> where stuff generally goes, and the -I flags used when building libapreq I
> guess mod_perl.h should be somewhere under
> /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int/auto/Apache, but it isn't
> there.

In my build (using APACI, though) I find the file under:

/data/jum/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/aix/auto/Apache/include/modules/perl/mod_perl.h

But isn't the install of mod_perl nearly the same if built via APACI or
APXS?  APXS just means a different installation of the Apache module
itself, the perl modules for the perl directory are installed the same
using make install.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH