How would something like this do:

NAME

Apache::Use

SYNOPSIS

use Apache::Use (Logger => DB, File => "/www/apache/logs/modules");

DESCRIPTION

Apache::Use will record the modules used over the course of the
Perl interpreter's lifetime.  If the logging module is able, the
old logs are read and frequently used modules are automatically
loaded.  Note that no symbols are imported into packages.

---

I really wish we had `use' as a function instead of a keyword and
had an `immediate' property for subs (kindof a Forth thing).
Then we could do reference counting of `use' and `require'.

If the above seems reasonable, I'll try to get a 0.01 out asap.
Passing this by the modules list for comment also.  The current
code I have does not actually depend on Apache and mod_perl.
--
James Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix