> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, John Buwa wrote:
>
> > $user =~ s/[^$OK_CHARS]//go;
> > $pass =~ s/[^$OK_CHARS]//go;
> [snip]
> > [error] Unmatched [ before HERE mark in regex m/[ << HERE ^]/ at
> > libwelcome.pl line 169.
>
> Hmmm.  Your code says s/// not m//.  Is this anywhere near line 169?
> Is it in the file libwelcome.pl?

Actually the $user =~ s/[^$OK_CHARS]//go; is line 169 and the other is line
170 and it resides in the file libwelcome.pl thats the part i didnt
undestand myself?

> > is there a change the way modperl uses regex expressions or?
>
> No.  mod_perl embeds the Perl interpreter into Apache.
> It's the same Perl interpreter you used before (unless you changed
> your Perl version at the same time as compiling mod_perl :).

Thats what i was reading, and no its the same perl?

> Maybe you should try some debugging.  Perhaps print your variables to
> the error_log too.  Have a look at the debug section in the Guide.
> http://perl.apache.org/guide

I can try, i dont know if that would shed any light on the above though it
just dont make any since?

John