On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Greetings.  I had a mod_perl setup with Apache 1.3.11/ mod_perl
> 1.24 on a RedHat Linux box running fine.  Then I decided (or was
> asked, actually) to upgrade to Apache 1.3.20/ mod_perl 1.26.
>
> The Apache install by itself ran fine, but when I try to 'make test'
> with mod_perl, I get the following error:
>
> ../apache_1.3.20/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
> httpd listening on port 8529
> will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> letting apache warm up...\c
> done
> /usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
> modules/actions.....ok
> modules/cgi.........FAILED test 4
>         Failed 1/5 tests, 80.00% okay
>
> No other errors but this one, but this one is enough to stop the
> install from working.
>
> Any ideas?  I have tried reinstalling, redownloading...

What CGI.pm version are you using?

perl -MCGI -le 'print $CGI::VERSION'

i think I've seen the same problem with v 3.02 which unfortunately gets
installed by CPAN shell.

In any case, when you have a problem with some test you should post the
output of the verbose run. In your case it's:

make start_httpd
perl ./t/TEST -v modules/cgi
make kill_httpd

> The only thing I have NOT done is installed Perl 5.6.1, which both
> Bundle::CPAN and Bundle::Apache tried to install.  Is this
> necessary for this to work?  Perl 5.00503 is on the box already.  I
> was not planning to upgrade Perl at this time.
>
> I looked through the mailing list for similar errors, but no one
> seems to be having this exact problem.

you can always do:

cpan> force install mod_perl

to ignore the results of tests. Of course it's a good thing to report a
bug and solve it.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/