At 10:00 AM 8/5/01, Reuven M. Lerner wrote:
>   Alessio> The problem I see: is this module sending out a message
>   Alessio> every time, resulting to multiple messages to the same
>   Alessio> web/postmaster?
>   Alessio> My fear is that we substitute a virus with another...
>
>But of course, you're right -- it's probably best to send them at most
>one message per day.  More than that won't necessarily get the message
>across any more effectively.
>
>I'll try to find some time later today to add this functionality.

I don't think this is an issue.  Someone more familiar with the virus
can chime in, but the information that's out there on it seems to
indicate that it's not going to pick the same IP twice, except by
chance.

http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/CodeRedII.html

On our main web server, I see 118 hits in the past 14 days, 117 of
which are from unique addresses.

cheers,
Todd