On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 02:44:27PM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Jim Smith wrote:
> > I am thinking about splitting this into two projects:  backend repository
> > modules and frontend web interface.  My strength is on the backend stuff.
> >
> > This allows for multiple frontends to be designed without affecting the
> > backend.  For example, if someone's favorite environment was Mason, then
> > that could be the frontend.  Otherwise, someone else might want a command
> > line interface.  This also allows for other things to be put between the
> > two, such as an XML-RPC layer, if that was appropriate.
>
> it'd be nice if you could put together some really simple frontend, so
> others can build on top of it some more advanced once. You need some
> frontend anyway in order to test it.

 I'll probably start with some simple CLI scripts for testing the backend
 stuff.  Basicly, whatever I am using for development.

> cool. When did you say we get to play with this system? :)

I'll probably aim for November/December for the backend and May for a
frontend (for TAMU).  I have a couple other projects going at the same time
at work and I'm basically a one-man shop for this kind of stuff.  I should
be able to put in a fair amount of time after this month.  Alpha/beta code
will be available before the dates I mentioned.

--jim