On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:27:28 -0700
"Michael A Nachbaur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm using Apache::Session::File, and am setting a cookie for my sessionid,
> and my code is currently running in plain-old CGI mode (one of the libraries
> I'm using keeps segfaulting under mod_perl for some strange reason).  When I
> visit the CGI, it successfully creates the session file in the /tmp
> directory, and all subsequent accesses to the page successfully load the
> session information from the right file on disk.  However, my problem is
> that any value I set in my session is never updated on disk.  I have tried
> explicitly calling tied(%session)->save and delete, to no avail.

Can I have a look at snippet of your code, please?

Well, this doc (from Apache::Session) may help you, though I don't
know this is the case.

       Note that Apache::Session does only a shallow check to see
       if anything has changed.  If nothing changes in the top
       level tied hash, the data will not be updated in the back-
       ing store.  You are encouraged to timestamp the session
       hash so that it is sure to be updated.