Hello,

I was trying to do an exercise from TPJ Issue#5 (vol2.,no2) Rating Web Page
Tastefulness with a Perl Agent, and it uses nph- in the URL. (Steins
column).

Anyway, I am running Apache 1.3.20 and just began coding a few lines. I
noticed errors in the log file:
"couldn't spawn child process: /apache/cgi-bin/nph-rater.cgi"

So I began trying to iron out what is wrong, and I noticed that if I take
the same code and rename it to test.cgi it is happy. So apparently it is
telling me that I cannot do non-parsed headers on Apache running NT?

The code (couldn't be any simpler) errors when named 'nph-rater.cgi', but
runs with no issues if I rename that same bit of code to 'test.cgi'.

#! D:\\Perl\\bin;

use CGI;                             # load CGI routines
$q = new CGI;                        # create new CGI object
print $q->header,                    # create the HTTP header
    $q->start_html('hello world'), # start the HTML
    $q->h1('hello world'),         # level 1 header
    $q->end_html;                  # end the HTML

Scott Purcell