Rodney Broom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on 08/23/2001:
> From: Rasoul Hajikhani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I am sorry but this topic is confusing me... Are you saying that
> > persistent DB connection objects are bad?
>
> It sounds like that, doesn't it?

This is only when one handle is shared among many children.
Sharing an open handle in the same child (i.e., by successive
requests) is what you want to achieve.  Since each child services
requests serially, each handle is being used onlt once at a time,
but the handle does not disconnect at the end of the request.

(darren)

--
Occam's Razor:
    The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is probably the