On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Murugan K wrote:

> Hi
> In the CGI  environment ,

>     After getting the request from the client , based on the request
> the web server will load the cgi2perl module ( may be someother name)
> to act as interface between perl and Webserver.  The cgi2perl will get
> the data from perl interpreter and give back to web server.  This is
> the way it will work in cgi environment . The cgi2perl module will use
> the webserver API functions to interact with webserver.

Ouch, my brain hurts. By cgi2perl module, do you mean a CGI script or a
perl handler? Or are you talking about something like FastCGI? Or
SpeedyCGI? I'm confused.

> Like that , i want to understand how internally mod_perl is working
> apart from generic explanations. Where to get all those informations.

See http://perl.apache.org/#docs

No offense, but based on your explanation of the problem, I suggest first
to read some basic CGI book before you dive into mod_perl.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/